tirsdag 29. november 2011

Mysore 23-26th of November.

MYSORE WALK TOUR
I was supposed to take a bus from Kodaikanal to Ooty, but changed my mind. I did not feel like standing on another Hill station waiting for a bus 4 o'clock in the morning. So I booked another ticket to Bangalore. Arrived in Bangalore 6,30am,  after 12 hour bus ride, private slow bus. There I found a car that was going to Mysore. I think it was a seven seater car, but they managed to get 11 people in it. I was placed in the trunk with four other Indians. And interesting uncomfortable trip it was. They said it was governmental transport, but I dont think so, coz I paid a lot. 
In Mysore I had booked a guesthouse to stay at. It is not many guesthouses in this city, so I was happy that I found this place. And a very lovely place it was. They picked me up on the bus station, the place was a bit out from the center. I felt very welcome there. It was not like staying at a normal guesthouse, it was like visiting some peoples home. The owner, Stephen from England lived there, and he had 3 rooms for rent. The day I came, also two other couples came later in the afternoon. We had late lunch together in house that Mangela, the house made made. In the evening, all us visitors joined "Mysore walk tour", an excellent guide tour through the city. We got some history of the town, saw outside the palace and town hall, tasted Mysore sweets, went to marked and loads of local places around the city. 
The second day I used like 3 hours to find out and decide what bus to take to Hampi. Its very hard to choose sometimes :)
Mysore sweets, extremely sweet flower sugar things. It is called Mysore sweets because its special for Mysore, and the kings baker was the first to make it.
Nice colors at the marked. 
Women making flower decorations. 







Paper recycling shop :) Yesterdays news, today a shopping bag.


Mysore Palace, I had audioguide through the palace. 200Rs for foreigner and 20 for Indians. Speaking about racism. Most important thing I remember is that the old one burned down, and it took 15 years to build this new one. And its not that old, only hundred years old. I was a hassle to get in, I had to give away my camera, security x-ray of my bag, give away my shoes and to be able to get a audio guide, I had to hand in my passport. Also I was extremely annoyed by the Indian tourist that took pictures inside with their phone, no restrictions for phones, only cameras!

Me making instant sticks :) very fun, natural talent I have :)
Dry sugar from sugar canes. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar