torsdag 15. september 2011

Varkala

Another tourist place. At this time of the year it is not so many tourists, but on the cliff topp with only hotels and restaurants still more tourists than natives. My direct buss from Kovalam to Varkala did not arrive 2.30 pm. So I had to go to a larger city to find another one from there. Walking around in Trivandrum was my first real experience of India. Too many people, too warm and to caotic traffic. I asked my way to the bus station. But they told me the buss i was looking for was on the opposite side. It took 15 min to cross the toad. No matter who I asked the bus was always on the oposite side.... after crossing the road 3 times I gave up and asked for the way to to the Trainstation instad. Next train was at 7pm. 4 hours waiting. I bought a ticket and was not happy about arriving so late in a new place. It gets dark at 6pm. So I gave the bus one more try. I took a ricksaw, and apperently, there are several buss stations!!!!!!!!! How could i know. Also I learned later, no Indians can say they do not know. But they always say something, so you end up walking in wrong directions. Finally the luck was on my side, an AC bus was about to departure. Happy happy on the bus with load indian music and severely dehydrated. The busride that was supposed to take 1,5 hours took 3,5 hours. Happy Onam!! Largst holiday and festival in Kerala state. Everyone in the cities we passed was out in the streets, dressed very nicely and shopping like crazy.
On the bus I met a nice guy and a lady from germany. Guess what, they owned a guesthouse where I could stay. It was an amazing place, and since its low season, I got a good price ;)
I met lovely girls from Denmark and Germany that was also traveling alone. Good food, good times, too warm in the day time, and a beautiful beach.

1 kommentar:

  1. good to know u are enjoying life in India... it was brave of you to go there alone hope u stay safe...
    p.s keep blogging... lago

    SvarSlett