onsdag 7. september 2011

Kovalam

I arrived 4am, my plan was to got to Varkala, I had arranged by e-mail that one dude from a guesthouse, not want to mention the name of the place, was going to pick me up and drive me there. Could not see anyone looking for me in the arrival hall. Only 200 Indians starring at me. Felt a bit lost and tired. Luckily I had med a Swedish elderly women that had someone to drive her to where she was going. So I went with her and ended up in Kovalam 5am in the morning. I could not care less about where to sleep, but the guesthouse she had stayed at before was lovely. As i wrote on facebook: It was amazing to watch the ocean from my bed, a huge balcony and fresh wind through the window. Wanted to stay 2 nights, but ended up staying there 3 nights. Not many tourists in town, the more eager they are to sell me stuff. The first two sellers was hard to say no to, but then it just got annoying. A women tried to sell me fruits, i said one banana, then she peeled two mangoes, and forsed me to taste. Was good, but  I was more concerned about her dirty hands and knife, so i only ate 2 bites. She charged me 200 Rupees. I understood that was too much, but I had no Idea about the normal price of a mango. I had to ask someone on the street, they told me 30 Rs. She got angry at them, screaming so that thr whole street was looking. I gave her 100RS. And ran away. Was more relaxing to lay on my balcony reading my book than being hazarded on the streets the first day.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar